BATTLE OF THE BANDS— YOU READY TO ROCK?!
The area’s best local teen bands compete in our OTR Battle of the Bands, presented by:
This Year’s Rockin’ Line-up:
- Doors Open - 6:00 PM
- The Skwarcan Experience - 6:30 PM
- Seven Shades of Black - 6:53 PM
- Hot Local Singles - 7:16 PM
- L.O.L. (Lesson on Lyrics) - 7:39 PM
- Swaggets (featuring Jamison from Paradox) - 8:02 PM
- Devin Murphy - 8:25 PM
- Excellence Stops Here - 8:48 PM
- Dance Party with Excited Nonetheless and Nick Ortega! - 9:11 PM
- Battle of the Bands winner announced – 10:40 PM
- Fireworks - 10:45 PM
There will be two forms of voting for the Battle of Band winners:
- Online in advance, or
- on-site at the event.
The band who wins will be the band who raises the most money. A suggested “vote” costs $1; however, we’ll accept anything as a vote…a nickel, a dime, a quarter, etc. Here’s the great thing – you can vote as many times as you want…so $1 isn’t the limit, we’ll accept $5, $10, $20 or even $500! Remember, the band who earns the most votes (i.e. raises the most money) wins! PS – tell your parents and their friends that all “votes” are tax deductible!
The first and second place winners will be announced at the conclusion of Teen Night and each will receive professional recording studio time courtesy of Peak Audio. In addition, there will be a “Best in Show” award given out at On the River. This award will be based on Text Messaging – the winner will be announced on Peak Audio’s website on Saturday, August 3rd at 12 noon.
The On the River Entertainment Directors and Event Directors will be responsible for selecting no more than 6 bands to play at the On the River 2013 Teen Night Battle of the Bands.
- Each chosen band will be given a 25 minute time slot – suggested 7 minute setup, 18 minute music play.
- Order of bands will be decided by random drawing and announced 2 weeks prior to On the River.
- Bands will be required to share provided backline (amplifiers, keyboards & drum set).
- Each band will also receive a 20 minute sound check time earlier in the day on Friday (somewhere between 3pm and 6pm).
Each chosen band will be required to sign a “Code of Conduct” prior to participating in Battle of the Bands. Failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct will result in immediate elimination. Each chosen band will be required to submit a stage plot (i.e. where each member is positioned on stage) and input list (i.e. what instruments/machines need to be plugged into the sound board) 1 week prior to the event.
All band performances should be “Radio Friendly” – no cursing or explicit references to drugs, alcohol, sex or violence. If you have questions about content, please email the Event Director prior to performing your song.
To Sign Up:
To sign up, please send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- The name of your Band
- Member’s Names
- Phone Number
- Type of Music